Given below is how we can record any streamed audio from sound card :
- Install PulseAudio Volume Control from Ubuntu Software center.
- Open PulseAudio volume control from Dash home.
- Go to “Input Devices” Tab.
- In the dropdown “Show” (towards bottom of the pane), select “All Input Devices“.
- Set Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo as default fall back option (by clicking the green icon above it).
- Close the volume control.
- Open Sound Recorder from Dash. This should now record (only the) sounds played in the computer. You may choose “CD quality MP3” from the “Record as” drop down if you want to store the output as mp3s.
Note – Sound recorder is buggy and doesn’t show output formats in Ubuntu 13x. Audicity is a good alternative to use in such cases.
Kj [/.] Sreekumar programs computers as a hobby and profession. Into programming from his school days, Sree uses Codemarvels to key in facts and fixes he finds interesting while working on different projects. Some of the articles here give away a few shades of his philosophical leanings too.