Follow these steps to install Artifactory Maven repository on Ubuntu 16.04 ( terminal commands, mostly )-
- wget -c -O- “https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=jfrog” | sudo apt-key add –
- echo “deb https://bintray.com/artifact/download/jfrog/artifactory-debs xenial main” | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/artifactory-oss.list
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get -y install jfrog-artifactory-oss
- Set credentials of DB accounts after running –
Refer : https://hostpresto.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-jfrog-artifactory-on-ubuntu-14-04/
After installation, launch the Artefactory portal. Then –
- From Security Configuration page, remove Anonymous access (untick the checkbox).
- Also scroll down and activate password Encryption.
- Create a new user (Eg, “developer”), as the existing user is Admin, and granular permissions cannot be added to it. Also for some reason, unless we add permissions for Manage, Overwrite, Read etc individually, the Artefactory would continue to respond with 401 for any request.
- Logout Admin, and login as the user created in above step.
- Go to user profile by click on users name on top right corner, and unlock the page by entering the user’s password again.
- Scroll down and view the encrypted password by click on the “eye” icon adjacent to it. Note this down.
- From Home page, click on repository “libs release”. Unlock credentials in this panel by entering the user’s password again.
- Click and “Generate Maven Settings”, and download the maven settings file.
- Edit Maven Settings file –
- Change parameterized username to username of the user (eg, developer)
- Change parameterized password to just the encrypted password (obtained at step 6)
- Save the file, and move it to /[user-home]/.m2/settings.xml
- Test the above setup by running “mvn deploy” on any of the maven project you have.
Kj [/.] Sreekumar programs computers as a hobby and profession. Into programming from his school days, Sree uses Codemarvels to key in facts and fixes he finds interesting while working on different projects. Some of the articles here give away a few shades of his philosophical leanings too.